Butler House Junior Boys Boarding
Our house team comprises:
Head of Junior Boys boarding
Mr John G Farrelly
Mr Lee Chadwick
Mr Liam Caddy
Mr Stephen Gray
Mr. Liam Maher
As well as this we have;
One overnight female house parent resident each night from Monday to Thursday.
Our College Nurse on campus and On Call every night the boys are here.
A total of 20 Dorm Prefects, drawn from Fourth and Fifth years, who assist in looking after the welfare of all our Boarders
A total boarding house of around 190 students in all ranging in age from 12 to 17yrs.
Daily routine for our boarders
• 7.15am = Wake up, tidy up.
• 7.45am = House cleared, all to breakfast.
• 8.15am = Finish house tidy and student prepare for class.
• 8.45am = Lock up dorms.
• 11.15am = Students have little break, tuck rooms opened.
• 11.30am = class resumes.
• 1.25pm = Lunch break tuck rooms opened.
• 2pm = house cleared for resumption of class at 2.10pm
• 3.30pm = Class over students change for extra-curricular activities.
• 5.30pm = Games finish and change for tea.
• 5.30pm-6.40pm = Break before prep.
• 6.40pm-8.40pm = Prep.
• 8.40pm-9.40pm = wind down time & ready for bed.
• 9.40pm = Bed and lights out
Other relevant information.
• Normal school finishes at 5.15pm each Friday after which students are free to travel home.
• At 5.30pm each Friday students can avail of a bus service to most towns in the greater South East area run by the parents association.
• The school week begins on either Sunday night after 7pm or on Monday morning before 8.30am.
• The House staff can be contacted on any of the following numbers
• Landline 056 7723391 Mobile phone 0876834025