Congratulations to Michael Cunningham, winner of the 2019 Dragons Den Competition which took place on 5 March. Second place went to Liam Foot and Tom Donald and third place to Josh Tracey and Bob Landers. Well done everyone!
The Parents Association continues to support this very popular TY event by making members from the PA committee available to the student entrepreneurs to have a practice run in the week in advance of the event proper, by recruiting the Dragons and by providing prize money
Thanks to the following members who played a huge role in making this event such a success
* Amanda O'Flaherty, Stephanie Codd and Eleanor Duggan who sourced and co-ordinated the Judges
* Amanda and Colin Phelan who did the rehearsals with the students
* Eileen Spens who introduced the Dragons to the audience and wrapped up at the end
Students were put through their paces by the Dragons’ interrogation of their product, sales projections, production techniques, and every aspect of a business plan.
Thanks especially to our Dragons who were :
* Sam Smyth Owner of Smyth Trailers
* Melanie Foot Owner/Operator Black Stairs Events & Catering
* John Grace Head of Business Banking for Bank of Ireland for counties Carlow & Kilkenny
* Anne Barber Butterslip Shop
Also a call out to the TY students Richard Crotty who acted as MC and Rupert Murray for Technical Co-ordination
Reave Technology, Michael Cunningham
Liam Foot & Tom Donald, ‘Tree Ring Coasters’
‘Bits & Bobs Pens’, Josh Treacy and Bob Landers