The very best of luck from all at Kilkenny College to the following players who partake in the Interprovincial Hockey Championships this weekend.
Hilary Balding capt
South East U16
NOVICE COMPETITIO N
01. Kilkenny College - white team.
02. Kilkenny College - red team.
03. Ard Scoil na Mara, Tramore.
04. CBS Kilkenny
05. Gorey Community School.
06. Newbridge College - black team.
07. Loreto Wexford / Bridgetown VS / Saint Mary’s, New Ross.
08. Scoil Mhuire, Trim - red team.
09. Scoil Mhuire, Trim - navy team.
Followed by the Novice Individual Competition.
Followed by the White Cup.
THE WHITE CUP 2017.
01. Kilkenny College -white team.
02. Newbridge College - black team.
03. St Leo’s Carlow / Borris Vocational School.
04. Loreto Secondary School, Clonmel.
05. Presentation Secondary School, Kilkenny - green team.
06. Newbridge College - white team.
07. Saint Declan’s, Kilmacthomas.
08. Borris Vocational School - wine team.
09. Ramsgrange Community School, County Wexford - TBC.
Second Course Walk.
10. Wesley College.
11. Gorey Community School.
12. Saint Kieran’s College - black team.
13. Loreto Kilkenny - blue team.
14. Good Counsel College, New Ross - blue team.
15. Borris Vocational School - grey team.
16. Presentation Secondary School, Kilkenny - black team.
17. Saint Mary’s Sec School, New Ross.
18. Kilkenny College - red team.
Followed by the Open Individual competition.
All enquiries to Paul Cuddihy, 087-2618927.
Please see attached the Extra Curricular Programme for the Summer term which will commence when the students return after the Easter break and also the Easter Term Newsletter outlining some of the activities and achievements of the past term.
This was the final game of a long season and both schools were determined to finish with some silverware. Kilkenny started with intent but Gerard's defence stood firm and repelled numerous attacks. Gerard's on the other hand were much more clinical and got an early try on the board with their first attack. Kilkenny responded immediately with a penalty, 5-3 after 15. Kilkenny wings Awonusi and Onilenla looked dangerous every time they got the ball but could not get over the Gerard's line.
Three weeks previous Kilkenny lined out in the Vinnie Murray final and although dominating the match had the heartache of giving away two intercept tries. It seemed as if lightening was about to strike again as one of the Gerard's backs picked off a pass and scooted under the posts. Gerard's led 12-3. Kilkenny again dominated territory for the remainder of the half and appeared to going in at the half within a score as Miller kicked another penalty. With one minute on the clock, Kilkenny failed to claim the restart and Gerard's entered the Cats 22 instantly. Multiple phases later, they crossed the line in the corner. 17-6 half time, mountain to climb.